Friday, October 10, 2008

knitting, hot beverages, and why you should let me borrow your clothes

Under the patient supervision of Katie D Wednesday nite, I knit this much (Left). We watched three episodes of Pushing Daisies while I accomplished this. I had to start over at least 5 times. Still, I am not easily discouraged. I hope that will stand me in good stead in my career as a knitter.

Also, this is the first time that I've had a knitting lesson with Katie when we weren't splitting a bottle of red wine. I'm wondering if I might retain the information a little better this time.

Although I have to admit that the most fascinating fact I got from Katie was actually related to the salted caramel hot chocolate that Starbucks is now serving. I don't even like caramel that much, and I'm probably going to have to go buy one, because it sounds kind of amazing. And I'm totally embarrassed to plug Starbucks in my blog, but sorry, it just happened.

If it makes you feel better, I can share my recipe for ghetto apple cider, which you can make in the comfort of your own microwave.

Ingredients:
*a mug of pretty good apple juice
*some cinnamon
*a little bit of agave nectar (or what have you)

Put the mug of pretty good apple juice in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. Then stir in a few generous shakes of cinnamon, and a bit of agave nectar (or what have you). Then put it in the microwave for another 1:30. Then don't touch it for a minute or two, because it will be too hot to drink and I don't want to be responsible for you burning the inside of your mouth. No one likes that. But after a minute or two, you can drink it! Delicious. It almost makes you feel good about how cold it is outside. But not quite.

Also, don't drink like 5 of these, because your teeth will rot out of your head. Trust me - I used to have teeth too.

I'm starting a business. It's going to target people who want that aged look for their clothes, at a discounted rate. Here's how it will work: People will loan me their clothes (or guitars) for a short period of time, and I will go about my regular life with this object in my possession. In about five minutes, I will either spill something on it or drop it or tear it in some way. And then I'll give it back to them.

It will either be called "winestains vintage" or "letmepunchyouintheface vintage wear." And I think I'll use the slogan that Jason came up with for me: "if I were wearing that, it'd be vintage by now." I think we have a winner, folks. This is going to be my ticket to the big time.

Finally, I'd like to leave you with something totally unrelated. (Yesss.) It's not precisely my normal musical fare, but I love love love this Robyn music video that Audrey showed me this summer. Hello, claymation.

Enjoy:


No comments: