i walked out of my friend's apartment this evening - so full of homemade pizza that it was probably a health hazard - and into weather so perfect that it made me wish for balconies and porches. you know the weather is good when you have to be out in it... when filtering it in through your window screen could never be enough.
so i walked. i was two blocks from home, but i walked the wrong way, with the national in my headphones and cool calm gladness in my soul. i circled several blocks, feeling the air and looking at the still-bare trees. (sometimes i think the leafless trees are prettiest, because then i can really see them.)
when i finally walked back to my apartment building, i wasn't ready to go inside. i leaned against the brick wall and craned my neck up to treetops and train tracks.
i wished there was someone who wanted to go sit in the park with me and not talk.
but then lightning flashed as the train went by, and i liked this world.
2 comments:
Happy Easter
I so enjoyed this post. It brought back such wonderful, clean and pure memories of a time when 'the soft breeze of Autumn" comforted the soul and the briskness made you feel alive and aware. Thank you for given me such a lovely gift today!
I am new to blogging and Blog.com so if you wouldn't mind I will follow your posts. I think you just might a wonderful inspiration.
Best Regards, Elizabeth
Post a Comment